At times I find myself far away from Allah (swt) and at times closer. This is in proximity to how often I think of Allah (swt). The sweetness of this closeness is sweeter than honey, and the closeness I am talking about really is like no other.
Tanzih is 'to declare something pure and free of something else' and tashbih means 'to declare something similar to something else.' Allah is absolute. We humans are relative. We exist because we were created by Allah (swt). Our distance to Allah (tanzih) or difference can be attributed in the Oneness of Allah and that Allah alone is real (tawhid). Recitation of the qu'ran and prayer are opportunites for Muslims to be close to Allah (Tashbih), to read and understand if not only a little bit. Tanzih and tashbih are the 2 sides of tawhid. Whilst Tanzih stresses distance and tashbih stresses closessnes, tawhid is the recognition of the Oneness of Allah (swt).
(For any error I make in expressing knowledge through this blog, I ask for Allah's forgiveness)
The 99 names of Allah are Allah's attributes. Through them we can understand our likeness or difference to Allah. We humans may also be forgiving, however we are not as forgiving as Al Gaffar (The Forgiver). I have a confession, as a child I memorised the 99 names of Allah and as I grew up I did not recite them very often and you can guess that I forgot them. I am going memorise them again Inshallah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment