Recently I have been reading a book, The Ideal Muslimah (Dr Muhammad Ali al-Hashimi) and have realised how strong the female believers were at the time of Mohammed (pbuh), and found myself asking, would I of had the same strength? Would I be able to do what she did?
Prior to reading this book, I used to debate in my head why I wasn't born at the time of Mohammed (pbuh)? It would have been amazing to live at the golden age of Islam with the Prophet (pbuh), the Sahaba's and Mothers of the Believers, yet recently I have began to understand that I do not have the same the strength as the women of that time, not even ten percent!
The first person to die for Islam was a woman. Summaya bint Khabbab wife of Yasir ibn Amir. Their persecution, courage and endurance truly is amazing. Praise be to Allah.
Tuesday, 16 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Assalamu alaikum!
ReplyDeleteHow you doing sis? :)
So true. I think it's a blessing from Allah SWT that I wasn't alive at that time, I just don't think I would've been strong enough to face that kind of adversity - and the second I enter into Islam too! I've been muslim all my life and I haven't even gotten a percentage of the distance they passed in their first day! SubhanAllah!
But maybe one day we will be with them in Jannah inshaAllah.
Is it a good book? I have the "Ideal Muslim Socety" one but haven't read it yet.
Wassalam
Wa alaikum salaam,
ReplyDeletemy first comment, woohoo :)
I cannot complain alhumdulilah, hoep all is well with you.
I'm nearly halfway, and have found it very interesting. The only reason I find the book difficult is I find it difficult to comprehend how these women have done what they have done. Also it is making me realise how much I need to learn and improve!
Jazakallah Khair :)