I came across a post on a fellow bloggers site, that has really sprung to mind today.
http://islamicsouls.blogspot.com/2009/08/tying-your-camel.html
It talks of a hadith. 'Tie you camel first, then put your trust in Allah,' (At-Tirmidhi). I did not see its significance until recently, I understand from this hadith that we have to work hard in all areas of life, not just the ones that will get us a qualifiation or increase our popularity at the end!
To get something, whether it be a material posession or something that will be beneficial in the hereafter we have to work hard, and to maintain that something we have to work even harder. I guess I have undermined alot of things in life, I just assumed they would fall into place and many things alhumdulilah have! But I now am beginning to understand the importance of working hard for akhirat too! Praying 5 times a day, mind, body and soul is not an easy thing to do, and I don't believe that being truly rightous and pious is easy either, (well at least I haven't). But this is why it is so important to tie our camels in everything we do!
Peace :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment